Root Beer's eARC and communication conductors are Direction-Controlled to minimize RF Noise that hurts the performance of active circuits.
All AudioQuest High-Speed HDMI cables are capable of Ultra-HD 4K/60 or 8K/30 video. Multiple AQ value-added ingredients enable a surprisingly stronger audio/video experience.
- AudioQuest 18Gbps High Speed HDMI cables have the bandwidth required for video up to 8K/30 (8-bit, 4:2:0), which is 7680 x 4320 resolution (over 33 million pixels) at up to 30 frames-per-second (fps). 24 and 30 fps are the frame rates for almost all movies and many TV shows.
- All AudioQuest 18Gbps High Speed HDMI cables are guaranteed to have the 18Gbps bandwidth required for compelling features like 8K/30 video, HDR (High Dynamic Range) imagery, and eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel).
Level 4 Noise-Dissipation: Galvanic Isolation + Directionality
- Traditional “100% shielding” is not enough to guard against the increasingly prevalent effects of Wi-Fi, cellular, and satellite radiation. In AudioQuest HDMI cables, all 19 conductors are Direction-Controlled to minimize the RF Noise that damages performance by “directing” or draining it away from the most vulnerable circuits. Level 4 Noise-Dissipation features fibers, which are non-conductive and therefore immune to induced RF noise, while the eARC and control conductors are made of direction-controlled metals. Additional Noise-Dissipation techniques (Levels 4+ and up) are applied as budget permits to further reduce noise.
- HDMI hardware’s previous ARC capabilities max out at lossy (compressed) 5.1-channel surround sound. Not only do all generations of AudioQuest HDMI cables “with Ethernet” support ARC, but in order to ensure superior audio performance, the ARC-channel conductor-pair is internally controlled for direction, running in the opposite direction from the 4 pairs that carry information to the TV. New HDMI 2.1 hardware supports Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC), which increases bandwidth dramatically to support uncompressed and lossless high-resolution multichannel audio, including Dolby TrueHD and Atmos, and DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS: X.
- AudioQuest 18Gbps High Speed HDMI cables support High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Dynamic HDR. HDR content expands the contrast of the image for blacker blacks and brighter whites/highlights as well as greater color saturation and brightness. Dynamic HDR (HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision for example) enables frame-by-frame HDR optimization rather than HDR settings that are fixed for the entire program.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
- AudioQuest HDMI cables are manufactured to exacting standards and are subject to rigorous quality control. However, if your HDMI cable has a real manufacturing defect, AudioQuest’s non-transferable original-owner limited lifetime warranty has you covered for cable purchased through an authorized AudioQuest US dealer. At its option, AudioQuest will repair or replace any defective HDMI cable that has not been abused, for the lifetime of the product. Proof of original purchase is required. This warranty is not an upgrade program for AudioQuest HDMI cables that were designed to meet previous generations of HDMI specifications. Current AudioQuest models are designed to meet HDMI 2.0 (18Gbps) or HDMI 2.1 (48Gbps). All generations of HDMI cable will provide some, but not all, of the features made possible by HDMI 2.0 and 2.1. All generations of HDMI cable are backwards compatible – they provide all the capabilities of previous generations. To experience the audio/video benefits made possible by the latest HDMI 2.1 hardware, an HDMI cable must meet HDMI specifications, specifically an FRL-enabled bandwidth of 48Gbps. Whether using HDMI-enabled gear with Standard Speed, High Speed (10.2Gbps), 18Gbps, or Ultra High Speed (48Gbps), AudioQuest’s HDMI “48” Series provide superior sound and a superior experience vs. even AudioQuest 18Gbps cables. This warranty is valid in the United States only. For warranty policies in other countries, please contact your local dealer or distributor.